Until the threat of COVID – 19 pandemic has cleared, we might not step out of our homes for a while. Though this may make everyone uncomfortable, we can still maintain a healthy and immune strengthening diet.
Even the World Health Organization stated that one must maintain a healthy lifestyle during lockdown to help prevent the risk of contracting the disease. In addition, we can excersise regularly, quit smoking, stop alcohol consumption, and consume healthy foods will help curb the spread of COVID -19.
But what exactly does a healthy diet include and are they possible during the lockdown? How can one ensure they are eating what they should?
Consuming AIP and Paleo protein collagen protein is a great way to begin. It has a great shelf-life, goes well in smoothies, and can be included in various types of recepies and foods. It is a good starting point for anyone confused on how to begin a healthy diet during this time.
We’ve listed some easy to buy and easy to store ingredients and AIP & paleo collagen protein recipes that can help you consume a balanced diet without any hassle.
Easy to Buy Foods:
During quarantine, we can’t purchase every product we’d like but some items are still available in most stores. Below is a listof some non-perishable and fresh foodswhich can last for a few weeks and also help maintain a healthy immune system.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Coconut Water
Easy to Store Foods:
During this time it may be wise to buy canned, packaged, and frozen food. However, be sure to pay attention to when the product expires so you can limit your grocery store trips. Here are some AIP and paleo-friendly foods that can be useful throughout the quarantine period.
- Almond and Coconut Flour
- Organic Frozen Veggies
- Frozen Fruits
- Stock and Bone Broth
- Collagen Protein Powder
- Coconut Milk
- Canned Tuna and Salmon
- Coconut, Olive and Avocado oil
Paleo Protein Diet Recipes:
Listed are a few recipes that don’t require too many ingredients.
- Fruit-based smoothie with milk
- Paleo fall vegetable salad
- Mixed salad with pumpkin seeds and an olive oil dressing
- Mixed salad with tuna and olive oil
- Paleo apple and pomegranate lemonade
- Vegetable coconut curry
- Roasted chicken
- Salmon stir-fry
- Paleo Chicken soup
- Creamy roasted asparagus and leek soup
- Slow-cooked paleo beef stew with mixed veggies
- Grilled lamb chops with spinach and cabbage
- Over-baked salmon with asparagus or broccoli fried in coconut oil
All these are simple and efficientto cook and consume. Also remember to avoid food like legumes, dairy products, nut and fats for best results.
Other Habits to Follow:
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercises regularly
- Don’t skip breakfast and meals
- Meditate or do yoga to stay calm
- Avoid binge eating to prevent weight gain
Precautions to avoid possible risk chances of COVID – 19 while shopping and cooking:
- Sanitize your hands
- Practice social distancing
- Maintain cleanliness around the cooking area
- Wash food items and prep utensilsthoroughly under running water before cooking
- Avoid using plastic bags
- Stay home, stay calm and stay healthy
Not only in quarantine, but if you follow the AIP and paleo protein diet on a regular basis it can help you avoid heart diseases, autoimmune deficiency disorders, weight gain and many otherunhealthy conditions.